- Camp Store
- The VCT Magazine
- VCT Magazine Issue #24
VCT Magazine Issue #24
- 80 Rally Dates/Details in 20 different states!
- 1971 Shasta Starflyte - Buttercup from Northern Indiana
- 1969 Shasta - Little Miss Penny, 19 year old Brooke Bickler restoration
- 1956 Zenith by Jimmy Evans
- Sweethearts Rally 2016, Cloverdale CA
- Tourette Trailer by Steve Walker
- 1959 Lincraft by Rudy Hernandez
- 1968 Boles Aero -An inspiring restoration
- 1939 Teardrop home-built, rebuilt
- Rallies in Oregon and Ohio
- The Texas Fall Rally in Fentress, TX
- Arv Fackerell's clam-cup swivel hitch
- How-To: Tuck and Roll/Diamond Tufting. Booth Upholstery Styles.
- Project Boomerang - New retro formicas!
- 1967 Covered Wagon, the rest of the story.
- 1969 Lo Liner by the Powells.
We stumbled into this hobby when we bought a cheap 1962 DeVIlle to go camping with our kids. It needed a light restoration so we resealed the windows, put in new flooring, curtains and figured out how to grease the bearings. We didn’t know it then, but we were the owner/builders of our first (of many) vintage camper trailers. Many people that we meet at rallies have a similar story. Due to the rapid growth in popularity of the hobby, more and more people are looking for a vintage trailer that they can restore themselves.
All of the trailers in this issue of the magazine were restored by their owners. From an 19 year old girl, to retired couples and families. Some with no experience and some with experience they bring from related hobbies like home improvement or car and motorcycle building/restoring. Some do it themselves because of budgetary reasons, others, for the personal pride of completing the project. There is even one that will be sold to a new owner that may not have the skills or time that it takes to transform a 50 year old travel trailer into a rally ready, safe and comfortable trailer.
Input from readers for future magazine features is welcome. We want to see your pictures and hear your funny, historical, informative, interesting or inspiring story of vintage camping. If you have some great photos and can write 500 to 1000 words (or share your story with us and we can write it), we want to hear from you. 5-10, bright , clear, original hi-rez, original photos.