VCT Magazine Issue #65
Your Subscription to the VCT Magazine Includes:
- Digital access to the magazine.
- 20% Discount on classified ads on the Vintage Camper Trailers classifieds website.
- $20 off of Trailerfest rallies.
- The King and The Chief - A couple of firsts
- 1935 Bowlus Road Chief
- 1948 King Slide-In Camper
- 1937 Pierce-Arrow Travelodge
- Trail Along to Pismo Rally - November 2022
- 1950s Whetsendorf (Ever heard of one?)
- 1948 Airstream Wee Wind Alumin-itis
- 1952 Spartan Spartanette 30’
- Long, Long, Long, Long Trailer
- How to Plan the Best Meals for Your Trips
- Curved Awning (DIY How-To)
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- 1953 Boles Aero Custom
- Dead Motels USA
- Vintage Trailer Rallies USA
- Classified Ads
Once a year, I muster up enough gumption to write the forward and give Paul a break.
When I think about what is relevant to our hobby, I always return to our community. We have something so special within this group. People who choose to be friends and enjoy camping in vintage style. There are trailerites from every walk of life, every religious background, political ideal, and ethnicity. We meet across the United States and camp together, enjoying time spent talking around the campfire. We may not agree on “things,” but we agree to be friends. We can see past our differences and enjoy our time together. What a blessing.
A new year is always an excellent time for planning and looking ahead with anticipation for the coming year’s activities. Paul and I have our 2023 calendar on the wall with red lines dotting many weekend dates indicating we will be camping somewhere. The great news is that it doesn’t matter where or with whom; we know it will be a great time because we will be with our people. To those we camp with, thank you for making this our reality. For those that wish to be part of such a community, I encourage you to make plans to join us.
I am looking forward to sharpening my square-dancing skills learned in 8th grade PE at Glamperfest, racing my original pinewood derby car at the So Cal Trailerfest, and learning about new and old products at CampNation Expo. I am most looking forward to chatting around the fire, belly-laughing with friends, and just being with my people. Thank you, and I look forward to camping together soon.
Vintage Camper Trailers Wife
New subscribers may select subscriptions that include back issues, and the shipping is free.