VCT Magazine Issue #23
- 1934 Covered Wagon Restored by Flyte Camp
- RV/MH Hall of Fame
- Behind The Scenes of Flippin RV's
- Covered Wagon History by Doug Huse
- 1963 Aladdin In Loving Memory
- Cadillac Camper and a B17 Bomber
- Electric Brakes - How to Replace Yours
- Steve McQueen's Camper Auctioned to the Highest Bidder
- Crabhut The tale of a trailer
- Mid 20th Century Pop Culture - Article
- Trailer Couplers Is it time to replace yours?
- Camp Crawdad Classic Campout
- Shindig at Tinker Tin!
- Rust Ritz Beautiful photo spread of a custom 1972 Lark
- Buellton Rally 2015
- California Auto Museum Trailer Display Opening Night
- All of the Rallies in the USA!
I’m writing this column at the end of December. I am already feeling the itch to get to a rally in the spring! As 2015 comes to an end I am able to take a minute to reflect on all of the things we have been able to accomplish this year because of the vintage camper trailer hobby, the people we are surrounded by and this magazine.
The Trailerfest Rally 2015- 250 trailers in Lodi, CA in October. 2016 is 85% sold-out with attendees from last year! Register now at www.trailerfestrally.com.
Camping In Style Museum Display- We were honored to be asked to consult on the display and assemble a variety of trailers that pay tribute to the hobby.
Vintage Camper Trailers The Book- Our first, but hopefully not our last book has been final proofed and is at the printer! Available in the spring of 2016 from us, on Amazon and in bookstores.
Boot Camp- We pulled the trigger and scheduled our first Boot Camp trailer restoration training weekend! Almost immediately we sold over 50% of the tickets! (See ad on page 3)
Along with all of that we filmed a couple of episodes with Flippin RV’s. One with our 1948 Vagabond at Modernism Week in Palm Springs, CA and another in Sweet Home, OR where we covered the unveiling of the 1934 Covered Wagon trailer featured in this issue. Google used our 1957 Terry to shoot a TV commercial and we continue to add to our collection with a barn find all original 1960 Ideal (look for it in an upcoming issue of the magazine) and our current project, a 1961 Streamline.
In 2016 we want to add another event to the calendar. Plans are in the works to hold the Worlds Biggest Trailer Rally! Our goal is to have an event that can accommodate EVERYBODY that wants to can come. So many rallies are limited to how many attendees can come, by how many camp sites they have. Rallies sell-out and people that want to be involved in the hobby can’t. We want to change that. We are finalizing a venue in Northern CA for the first weekend in June.