VCT Magazine Issue #42 (Print/Digital)
- View this issue online now. Click here for the digital version.
- Multiple copies of this issue. Click here to pay as little as $2.07 per issue.
- Back Issue Collection, that includes this issue. Click here for 6 magazines for $25.95
Inside of this Issue:
- 1965 Dalton-Wear Love Wagon
- 1965 Streamline - Family Fun
- Florida Keys - After the Storm
- Insuring Your Vintage Trailer
- Retro Roadmapping South Jersey Shore
- Vintage Vendors - Trailer Businesses
- Before They Were Vintage
- Cool the Air - Another Solution to A/C
- USA Rally Calendar
Way before vintage trailers were a part of my life, road tripping was something I enjoyed immensely. Living in Northern California means that you can be at the coast, in the mountains, surrounded by redwoods, or in the high desert in a matter of hours. A long weekend, a little time behind the wheel (or handlebars of a Harley when I was younger) and you could feel like you were a million miles from home. What I was not able to do back then was to take several weeks to enjoy destinations beyond much more than a day’s drive. Time and money made the dream of a road trip across the USA difficult, if not impossible.
Now we are immersed in the vintage trailering and RV hobby. We have the perfect excuse to set out on the road and see the USA! We will be logging a lot of miles on a trip this summer to Jackson Center, Ohio, but we have tried to leave time in our agenda to stop and do some camping along the way. We hope to meet new people at The Pioneer Village camp out in Minden, Nebraska or the Rally on the Range in Gillette, Wyoming. (More info on these events in the rally calendar in the back of this magazine.) Some people have also expressed an interest in joining us on our journey and traveling in a caravan. Not something we expected, but it sure would be fun!
The Golden Caravan project includes the restoration of a one-of-a-kind Airstream trailer that will be featured in a documentary on a TV show called Ultimate Restorations. At the moment, the trailer is gutted and the interior is repainted. Next, we start reinstalling the refinished cabinets. We have a lot to do to be ready to leave in June! More details, photos, and our complete calendar of stops along the way at www.goldairstream.com
By Paul Lacitinola